A salad is for many so much easier to enjoy with a good dressing! We surely don’t want to drench our veggies in a store bought version, rich in bad fats and all kinds of conservatives, sweeteners and additives. That is where a good, easy and quick homemade option comes in like my vegan Thousand Island dressing. The original version is made amongst other ingredients with mayonaise, ketchup and pickles, I have replaced these with healthier, more alkalizing ingredients like almond butter, zucchini, bell pepper, olives and tomatoes.
Ingredients for 1 to 2 salads,
- 1 to 2 tbsp. almond butter
- 1 cup cubed, peeled zucchini
- 4 sundried tomatoes, soaked in warm water for an hour, keep the water
- ½ large red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 fresh, soft dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. chopped green olives
- 1 tbsp. braggs aminos or tamari sauce
- About ½ cup of the soaking water, depending on the thickness you desire
- Black pepper and pink salt to taste, optional
Place all the ingredients, except the chopped olives, in a small blender and blend until creamy. Add the olives and season to taste if needed.
This dressing goes with just about any veggies you can imagine or love! I added it to this huge salad made of lots of chopped romaine, cauliflower, tomatoes, fresh dill, radishes, grated cucumbers and a few slices of avocado. And the best part, you can use all the dressing for your salad or share with someone, guilt free!
I hope you like this as much as we do! Let me know how it turned out,
more plantbased recipes to inspire you,
Pimp up your veggies! Low fat dressings and dips to inspire you …
A mineral rich rejuvenating soup …