We are over the hump! I’m so curious how you are doing so far! Have you been able to add some vegan recipes to your daily diet?
The best way to keep cravings away is to load up on nutrition! We often think that our body is asking for food, and usualy not the best kind, when it actualy is in need for nutrients and very often water. So today I have super healthy recipes for you to boost your energy and health.
- Watercress Salad
- Green Quinoa Salad
- Lemonade Matcha Pops
Watercress …. what can I say about this wonderful nutrients charged veggie!?
It is very rich in vitamin A, C, B6 and 100 grams has more than 300% of the daily needed vitamin K! Besides that plenty of iron, folic acid, calcium and protein.
Oh, one more thing … I can’t make myself to truely “like it” … so today I thought I’d try a different combination. I had the same experience with cilantro and now totaly love it, so worth to give it a try right!?
This combo worked wonderful and I happily finished the whole bowl, yeah!
I layered very thinly sliced celeriac, left over from the delicious soup on Day 1. I actualy cooked the thin slices celery root in a vegan stock, this makes it lovely, soft and pliable, also great as a layer in a veggie lasagna.
I build my salad with the soft celery, thinly sliced cucumber, chopped fresh mint, handful of beautiful green watercress leaves and some pumpkinseeds. Drizzled with a dressing of cold pressed raw sesame oil, lemon juice, a little sweetener of choice ( I used stevia, this could also be honey or rice syrup ) and himalaya salt. Ingredients for the dressing can go in a small glas jar, lid on top and shake very well to emulsify.
I love using quinoa for its great nutrients, fibre and compleet plantbased protein. It also translates easily to sweet and savory dishes. This salad can be raw or high raw.
Ingredients for 4 portions,
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, then sprouted or cooked
- 1/2 tsp. pink or sea salt, to taste
- 2 spring onions, the white part sliced very thinly
- 1 big bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh mint or cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped fine
- 1 cup steamed green peas
- a few sliced olives, optional
- 1 Tbsp. flax or olive oil very well mixed with 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1 Tbsp. coconut nectar or sweetener of your choice
- 2 tomatoes, sliced thinly, I add this on top of the salad
Mix the quinoa with the dressing and let it sit for a while to absorb the flavours. Add the remaining ingredients and fold in.
Lemonade Matcha Pops
This is such a wonderful summery snack, totaly alkalizing and guilt free. When warm outside, nothing better to snack on. I made these into pos but you can also make a granita style ice and eat it with a spoon.
Ingredients for about 1 and 1/2 cups,
- 4 cups chopped cucumbers, I remove the pits from the middle
- 2 to 4 tbsp. lime juice, depending on how lemony you like it
- handful fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp. matcha powder, optional
- stevia or a liquid sweetener to taste
- I like to add a pich of pink salt to make the taste deeper
Blend the cucumber until smooth with the lime juice. I try not to add water. If you want it smooth press it through a fine sieve. Add the remaining ingredients and freeze. If making granita freeze in a baking pan and freeze until solid. Using a fork, scrape into fine shards.
Njoy! Have a wonderful day and if you have any questions post it in the comments below,
Click HERE for some delicious breakfast idea’s from Ali, no smoothies this time, ha ha!