We are half way through our 10 day vegan trial! How are you doing!? Have you tried to add a some vegan meals during the past days?
I have chosen to share more uncooked meals today, great to alkalize and to aid detoxification. Give these quick raw meals a go and let me know how it turned out!
- 5-minute Lasagna Stack
- Chopped Salad “Island” in a Creamy Carrot Soup
- Sweet Date Pie
5-minute Lasagna Stack
This veggie lasagna can be a meal, side or a snack. The only prep you need is to soak some nuts for 2 hours. Slice, stack and enjoy.
Ingredients for 2,
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts, soaked for 2 hours, these add a hearty, cheezy taste to the sauce
- 2 tbsp. to 1/4 cup of water
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. pink or sea salt to taste
- tiny pinch of ground nutmeg
- 2 to 3 large ripe tomatoes, sliced in rounds, about 1/4 inch / 6mm thick
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/8 inch / 3mm thick slices, you can use a mandolin for this
- handful spinach or arugula leaves
- fresh basil leaves
Process or blend the top 6 ingredients to make the dressing until creamy. Use as little water as possible, add in a tbsp. at the time. Season to taste.
Start building 2 stacks, overlapping slightly. Zucchini, tomato, nut dressing, spinach leaves, basil, dressing and repeat until you used up all the ingredients.
Chopped Salad Island in a Creamy Carrot Soup
A little blending and some chopping and your soup/salad is ready! A wonderful and light summer meal.
Ingredients for 4 portions, this soup can also be chilled and preserved for a next meal or snack.
- 3 cups fresh carrot juice
- 1 plantbased milk of your choice, I used almond, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 small shallot
- 1 inch fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 to 2 tsp. pink or sea salt to taste
Blend the ingredients and pour it through a fine sieve to make it very smooth. Back in the blender and drizzel in the lemon oil, recipe below, just like when making a mayo, this will make the soup thick and creamy.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1 Tbsp. per plate
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 green apple
- 1 celery stick
- 1 small parsnip
- a few cilantro leaves
Chop all of the above in small cubes. Season with pink salt and a splash of apple cider vinegar.
Stack 1/4 of the salad in a bowl, scoop the soup around it and njoy! The chopped veggies make you chew the soup which is great for the digestion.
Sweet Date Pie
This makes a small pie, about 4 inch but you can also make it into a square and cut it into bars.
The ingredients are,
- 20 small ( soaked ) or 10 big soft dates, pitted and chopped, blended with 2 to 3 tbsp. of water
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup oatmeal
- pinch of pink or sea salt
Add the ingredients for the dough to a foodprocessor and pulse until fine and it can be pressed together between your fingers. It should not be a cream, it does need some texture. You may need a tbsp. of water to achieve this without overprocessing. I don’t add any sweeteners to this because the date layer is sweet enough but you can add a tbsp. liquid sweetener of your choice. Press 2/3 of this in a tin, scoop the date paste on top and sprinkle the remaining nut/oat mixture on the date layer and press it down a bit. Refrigerate for an hour before slicing.
Click HERE to see Ali prepare her famous Vegan Matcha Latte. A great substitution if your trying to get off coffee!
You can join in or start this 10 Day Vegan adventure whenever you like! Start HERE, at Day 1.
Hope you like the recipes, let me know if you tried them. Do post your pics on Ali’s FB group Beautiful Yogi’s so we can all see what you have created! Let me know if you any have questions!