Day 3, Vegan 10 Day Challenge
A new day, join us on this 10 day Vegan Challenge! Let’s see what it might do for you, how it can make you feel! Even if you only sub one or two of your daily meals, it can mean so much health and energy wise.
2 meals and 1 snack,
- Walnut Taco’s
- Alkalizing Green Soup
- Cookie Dough Balls, we do need a snack sometimes, right!?
You can sub or add Laura’s wonderful and quick Creamy Raw Tomato Soup and start the day with fresh fruit, a green smoothie or yesterday’s Greens & Fruits Salad. If still hungry, there are many vegan options like oatmeal porridge, GF toast with nutbutter or avocado, more fruit, vegan yoghurt with granola or one of Ali’s delicious latte’s like this Creamy Rich Red Rooibos Chai Latte!
I call them taco’s because these little crunchy romain leaves make the best shells filled with a wathever you like! I made a walnut filling and added some fresh veggies. This can be accompanied by a big green salad or some fresh green juice.
Ingredients for 2 portions,
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/4 tsp. himalaya seasalt
- 2 to 4 sundried tomatoes, soaked and chopped, depending on the size
- 1 cup cooked or sprouted mung beans
- 1/4 tsp. koriander powder
- 1/4 tsp. cumin powder
Add all the ingredients into a foodprocessor and pulse until it becomes crumbly, not too fine. Scoop it in the romaine leaves. I added sliced olives, cucumber salsa made of chopped cucumbers, bell pepper, cilantro and slices avocado. You can add a (raw) tomato sauce or a scoop of vegan mayo for more creaminess.
Alkalizing Green Detox Soup
Blended green soups are so easy to make! They can be totaly detoxing and easy on the digestion. I used mostly raw veggies and added some steamed broccoli. Avocado makes it creamy, is alkalizing and helps in the absorption of the in fat soluble vitamins.
Ingredients for 2 to 4 portions, depending on your appetite,
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 cups raw spinach, packed
- 1 cup steamed broccoli, you can also use raw, I prefer the taste of the steamed version in this soup
- 1 small avocado
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- small handful fresh parsley
- handfull of fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp. pink salt, to taste
- juice of 1 lime or 1/2 lemon
- 1 small clove of garlic, optional
Blend all the ingredients until creamy. You can heat the soup slightly if you prefer, depending on the weather I prefer it cold or slightly warm.
Cookie Dough Balls
Today’s snack is raw, nutrient rich and energizing, I often eat these after Ali’s challenging classes. The first two days we had savory snacks, an Alkalizing Tomato Salsa and this Carrot Dip so I thought it was time for some sweetness.
These cookie Dough bites are realy quick to make.
the recipe makes about 10 1-inch balls,
- 1 cup cashews, dry
- 1/2 cup oatmeal, GF, I guess you could sub it with quinoa flakes, haven’t tried it yet
- 2 Tbsp. almond butter
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1,5 Tbsp. liquid sweetener of choice plus a few drops of stevia for a sweeter cookie
- 4 dried apricots or dates sliced in tiny pieces
- 1 tsp. vanilla powder
- pinch of pink salt
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. water if needed
I added the cashews and oatmeal to my foodprocessor and pulsed it until a flour like consitency. Added the nut butter, coconut oil, sweetener, salt, vanilla powder and pulsed it until it started to for a dough. It stays crumbly but when you kneed it, it gets warm and sticks together nicely. You could add an extra tbsp. nutbutter or water if not the case. Fold in the apricots or dates and turn the dough out on your work surface. Start rolling the balls. They will firm up when refrigerated.
You can join in or start this 10 Day Vegan adventure whenever you like!
Hope you like the recipes, let me know if you tried them. You can also post your pics in Ali’s FB group Beautiful Yogi’s so we can all see what you have created!