OK this is such an easy recipe yet a filling and a healthy one so I had to share it.
You can grab it with you when you are on the go.
It is misleadingly called cereal and oatmeal because it KINDA looks like it but to me it tastes better plus the benefits of fruit for breakfast are endless. You can keep it at room temperature for the colder months so that it is not chilling to the body.
Very easy to make.
Take a large container and slice up layers of fruit- whatever you have on hand.
For this one I had:
For the “dressing” you will need:
- A nut milk. I used macadamia nut milk.
- Dates or some other dried fruit for a sweetener.
- I had Sapote (if not use banana, persimmon, mulberries, any other sweet fruit you may have on hand) (the sapote thickens into a pudding like consistency)
- Vanilla Stevia (or extra dates, maple syrup, etc)
- OPTIONAL- mesquite powder, lucuma powder, cacao powder, cinnamon, chia!
You can sprinkle cacao nibs on top or bring a side of some crunchy additions to add last minute.
I do not recommend mixing large quantities of sweet and sour fruits such as bananas and citrus. Keep those separate as they can interfere with perfect digestion.
You can freely mix sweet with neutral fruits as in the example above. All my fruits were very very ripe so even the kiwis fell in the sweet category.
There are exceptions to the rule but overall it is good to be mindful of food combining so that proper assimilation and digestion occur.
Share with me your version of fruit “cereal” 🙂