Day 7, Vegan 10 Day Challenge
Often it is thought that eating raw, vegan or high raw is difficlut or time consuming. It sure can be if you want it to be but what I found that most of the meals are easy and quick to make once you’ve got the hang of it! Without effecting the taste or looks of a dish … Buying local in season produce will also help in keeping the costs low. And think of all the prepackaged, animal based foods you WON’T be buying and can spend that money on gorgeous whole foods!
Recipes for today,
- Crazy Good Veggie Pasta Salad
- Raw Pad Thai in Green Sauce
- Super Goji Jam
Crazy Good Zucchini Pasta!
Clearing out the fridge often delivers the most interesting combinations and this one is pretty nice!
This ia a high raw dish, made of stir fried pointed cabbage and zucchini pasta. Avocado adds creaminess and works alkalizing on the body. Pretty basic actualy.
Ingredients for 2 to 3 portions,
- 3 cups thinly sliced pointed green cabbage
- 1 ( sweet ) onion, sliced thinly
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- big handful of arugula or any other green leaves you have
- 1 big or 2 small zucchini’s, spiralized or roughly grated
- 1/2 of an avocado, mashed
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
Melt the coconut oil, soften the sliced onion, add the thinly sliced cabbage, fresh thyme and stir fry, may be with some added water if needed, Keep stiring until soft and may be a bit golden in colour. Season with pink or sea salt, black pepper.
Add it warm to the spiralized zucchini, add the mashed avocado and chopped arugula and mix it using 2 forks. The soft cabbage is very creamy and it gets even better in combination with the avocado. Yum, this is a keeper!
Cabbage is wonderful, loaded with nutrients. The pointed ones are especialy delicious in the spring.
Yum! This is a keeper!
Raw Pad Thai in Green Sauce
This Pad Thai is made with a special ingredient, kelp noodles. Made out of kelp and yet it doesn’t have any taste so it absorbs the flavours you add.
Ingredients for 2,
- 1 package raw kelp noodles, I soak these in lukewarm water with 1 tsp bakingsoda added for about 30 minutes, this makes them softer, rinse
- 1/2 cup zucchini noodles
- 1/2 cup carrot noodles
- a few radishes sliced into small strips
- 2 spring onions sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
Green Sauce, I actualy can drink this like it is …
- 1 cup coconut milk unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- handful fresh basil
- handful fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- few drops stevia
- 2 tsp. tamari or braggs aminos
- 1/4 chili
Combine softened kelp noodles, zucchini, carrot, radishes, spring onion and cilantro.
Blend the ingredients for the sauce, the coconut milk with the basil, cilantro, ginger, stevia, lime juice, stevia, and chili.
Scoop half of the sauce in a bowl, add the pasta in the middle and enjoy! I added a few drops of chili oil on top, optional.
Super Goji Jam
Ingredients for 1 small jar,
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup goji berries, soaked overnight
- 2 Tbsp. coconut nectar, maple syrup or some stevia
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/4 cup of the soaking water
- juice of half of a lemon
Blend all the ingredients and let it thicken for 15 minutes. So delicious on just about anything and it is loaded with nutrients. This also makes a great dressing for a fruity and green leavy salad.
You can always join in and don’t forget to share your pics on Beautiful Yogi’s so we all can see it!