I have been wanting to add molasses to my diet for a while now considering its excellent nutritional profile. Tonight I created what maybe the yummiest creamy and slightly spicy dressing using a few healthy ingredients.
I will call the dressing / dip
CREAMY MOLASSES DIP
We are starting a week long vegan challenge and I figured I can only teach what I am good at. I cannot give you exact recipes but I can definitely help you learn how to work with what you have in the fridge already and how to free flow with ingredients in order to create yummy and delicious quick recipes. This dip will be one of many I will post in the coming future. So look out for them and pick the ones that fit your cravings, budget and access to ingredients.
Dips are my go to dinner. They are easy and versatile and as long as you have fresh or frozen veggies for dipping you are good to go.
- About a tbsp of Organic Unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses. (I pour everything with no measuring spoons). It is a great idea to add molasses to baby’s, dog and pregnant or elderly people’s food- it will boost their system with nutrients and it will give them energy 🙂 The brand I am using is this one ORGANIC MOLASSES
- Half an avocado (feel free to use a whole one and double the recipe)
- Nut milk to a desired consistency.
- Nutritional yeast – 1 tsp to a tbsp. (eyeball it!)
- Vinegar or lemon to taste – a few splashes (I tried this recipe with a ginger vinegar I prepared myself and it was lovely.)
Raw Apple Cider Vinegar with fresh ginger, orange slices and pepper soaking in it.
- For the salty spicy element I used pickled sweet and mildly spicy mini peppers. I get them at the olive bar and they are called Peppadew Peppers. I do encourage you to experiment with condiments and pickled foods and add-ins to your diet. If you don’t have those any sweet pickled peppers will do. Otherwise salt or tamari sauce with some mild cilli will do. Salt and garlic can also work. Mustard and salt, etc.
- BLEND TILL CREAMY
- Add some chopped spring onions to the dip. Parsley, cilantro or any other fresh herb can work.
- Experiment with the ingredients and quantities- with ingredients such as the above things cannot go wrong 🙂
CREAMY MOLASSES AVOCADO DIP – VEGAN, NUTRITIOUS, BLOOD BUILDING
Molasses is a powerhouse of nutrients – rich in calcium, magnesium, iron, sodium, chromium; B vitamins and antioxidants. It is beneficial for premenstrual women, people who have anaemia; it relieves constipation, it is great for bone and hair health plus it can help with weight loss. That’s just a quick overview of it’s potential benefits. You can always look into it further and get yourself inspired and fired up to go get yourself a bottle. 🙂