I have been loving this green soup every night lately and I think you gotta add it to your healthy recipe arsenal as it can add a nutritional boost to your daily diet.
It is high raw or raw and it is creamy, delicious, satisfying, chunky and crunchy all at the same time! What more can I say …
Ingredients for the base:
- 1 celery heart (use the white stalks, no leaves or outer stalks as those can be very bitter and herbal tasting)
- 1 whole medium sized zucchini or cucumber
- 1/2 a bell pepper with the seeds (the seeds add creaminess and vitamin E to the soup) SKIP the seeds if your blender is not powerful enough!
- a clove of garlic (this really adds a warming touch to the recipe plus a ton of flavor)
- almond milk until desired consistency is achieved
- tofu (about a 4th or a 5th of a block or so) The tofu add incredible creaminess and it adds extra nutrition to the soup. If you want to keep it raw add tahini.
- 1/2 a peeled, deseeded lime
- OPTIONAL – miso, salt, nutritional yeast, white pepper, hemp seeds, avocado, steamed potato, etc (I have been feeling amazing on a salt free diet and my taste buds are appreciating the saltiness of the veggies themselves. Celery is very high in natural sodium which does not lead to puffiness and swelling and bloating- it actually helps the kidneys work optimally)
Blend everything until creamy smooth.
Pour in a soup bowl and add a variety of chopped veggies.
I love adding the following:
- The rest of the bell pepper
- small raw cauliflower chunks
- steamed eggplant
Sprinkle chipotle on top!!! Cilantro, parsley, dill, chopped onions, etc
Do get some chipotle powder because it can take a recipe from being just a bland boring OK recipe to an amazing explosion of flavors, textures and excitement.
I got my latest bottle at my local Sprouts store. So if you have one around run over and get a bottle. If you don’t live in the South West then probably chipotle is not a common item at your local store but you can get it on Amazon. The one I use is by Simply Organic- it is full of flavor and not very hot which is what I love in my “hot” spices. I am not looking to make my mouth go numb but I am looking for extra flavor and the warming smoky flavor chipotle has to offer. This is what I am currently using!
OK I am obviously passionate about spicy food. 🙂 Can you tell … haha